Well, week one is over and I have to admit it was tough. When you go from eating any and everything you want to being limited to eat only 650-700 calories per day, I tell you it was tough. The first 3 days were the roughest and by Sunday I was ready to pull my hair out. But, once the meds got into my system, it really wasn't all that bad. I didn't really feel hungry, but my eyes and mind were playing games with me. My mind was telling me that I should be eating even though my body wasn't hungry. When I did eat, my eyes were telling my mind that I should be eating a whole lot more. All in all, it was a pretty good week. I have to make weekly visits for the first little bit, and I went back today. They will weigh me and go over everything to see where I might be struggling or need some help. But today, that wasn't the case. Much to my surprise, the nurse's surprise, and even the dr was amazed at the scale. By the way, the dr was also very surprised at my bloodwork results. It was hard for him to believe that a person my size had the good numbers that I did. Anyway, back to the weight - in my first week, I lost 19 pounds. Dr. Kehl also told me that if I follow the program to a T, he wouldn't be surprised if I didn't lose double digits for the next few weeks. So until next week, ya'll keep praying and I'll report back next week...
Glen
That is amazing -- I know you were proud of the results and it made all the hard work worth it all! Praying that next week goes just as well or better!!!
ReplyDeleteTammy L.
Wow! great job, Glen-bo! You're right, mind over matter is often the hardest part. But once you tackle the mind games and begin walking in self-control it's amazing the things you can accomplish. Praying for you and your supportive family!
ReplyDeleteGlen that is great! So glad you made it through that first hard week. Hopefully things will go even better this coming week and you'll still have a good loss. Praying for you (and Joelle and Bug and Laney!).... Everyone is involved in this!
ReplyDeleteWe are very proud of the results, but more than those, we are proud of your attitude! Just keep building on that and God will surely bless.....I know Fridays will become good, good days!!
ReplyDelete