Wellll, here we are in week 4 already, sorry for not updating last week but my secretary is falling down on the job - it's hard to find good help! Anyway, all is good and every day is getting a little easier. After week 2, I got knocked back down to 600-700 calories in protein a day with either 2 cups raw or 1 cup cooked (which if you think about it is about the same) of veggies twice a day. I can also swap out a fruit serving for a veggie serving if i want to. This program really seems to be working so far. Monday I plan on going back to the gym around 3-4 times a week to help expedite things a little bit. Although the drs and nurses haven't put a deadline on me, I have set a personal goal of getting down to my goal weight by Labor Day weekend of 2013 which would be a year. Let me put it into perspective for you - 213 pounds in a year breaks down into 17.75 pounds per month or 4.1 pounds per week. So far I'm down 30 pounds in 3 weeks which is a 10 pound average so as of right now I am ahead of the curve. But, I know it will get tougher as time goes on. I have already noticed that this 30 pounds has already made a difference - my feet don't hurt when I get home and I seem to have better mobility already. Well that about wraps it up for this week.. Thanks for the support and keep praying for me. I know that I can do this if I just stay focused and continue to have the support from my family and friends.
God Bless -
Glen
OH YEAH, I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
From the secretary -
He didn't know the purpose at the time, but here is his "before" picture :
Bringing sexy back huh? Well, I hate to break it to you sir, but I have just about cornered the market on sexy in our family. Not sure how much is left for others. I'll share if I can.
ReplyDeleteBut seriously, this is totally awesome Glen! It's a good idea to break down your goals into weekly achievements. Are you still ahead of schedule? I know this post is a tad old, so I'm not sure where you are now.
Thanks for chronicling your thoughts on this. I know you will be a great encouragement to others once you reach the other end of this tunnel. This blog might really be helpful to some folks!
God bless you brother! Keep at it!
Jarod (the sexiest) Hinton